Do we like multisport? Yes. On occasion, we participate. Thus we have these really awesome, really current multisport tips, in order of occurrence.
- Buy stretchy laces the night before the race and install them in your shoes. Try out by walking around the house for a few seconds and pronounce good.
- Also buy a new shirt to wear at the race.
- Why not new tri shorts, too?
- Have caffeinated coffee for the first time in over a year.
- Bring a pump to the race, but don’t check your tires. After the fact, it would seem that 20 psi is all you need. Note: not a tubeless setup. Further note: Lucky.
- Go out really really fast in the first run of the du. Really fast. Even though you know you’ll pay for it later.
- Do the same on the bike for a while before good (?) sense (finally) kicks in.
- Begin the first brick workout in years as you exit T2.
- Immediately regret items 6 and 7 and begin to learn humility.
Do with these pointers what you will. I accept no responsibility at all. Especially for chafing. And pinch flats.